The Wilkes County NC Pre-K Committee will hold its semi-annual meeting on July 15, 2021 in the Board Room of the Wilkes County Board of Education at 11:00 am. The meeting is open to the public. For questions or concerns, please contact Callie Grubb at 336.667.1121.
We are accepting applications for the 2021-2022 school year. If interested, please contact the Pre-K Department at 336-667-1121 to learn more about the enrollment process.
Wilkes County Schools Pre-K program seeks to prepare children for school success by providing high-quality early childhood education that is based on the research of child development.
The Wilkes County Pre-K program is based on a foundation that will:
- provide an environment that is child-centered and that encourages learning through discovery and exploration;
- recognize that children differ in rates of development, backgrounds, and experiences;
- establish a partnership between parents and school staff that supports children throughout the total school experience;
- allow children to learn fundamental skills through children's own experiences, manipulatives, and other concrete materials;
- respect play for its value as an appropriate learning medium for children;
- provide activities and lessons designed to strengthen each child's ability to cope in an ever-changing world;
- be based on research that indicates how young children develop and learn best.