Interested in working for Wilkes County Schools?
To apply for career opportunities, open the link above to view our current vacancies.
If you need assistance in applying for a position please contact:
- Contact Melissa Shepherd at 336-667-1121.
- Reference the attached guide by clicking here.
Guide for Applying to Positions in PowerSchool Applicant Tracking
In order to apply for a position with Wilkes County Schools, click "apply" located in the vacancy posting. The vacancy posting platform will prompt each applicant to enter their account username and password. If you do not have an active PowerSchool Applicant Tracking account the system will guide you through creating an account. Your account will allow you to apply for any desired position. In order to create an account, an applicant must have a valid email. If you do not have a valid email address, it is suggested that you create one using Gmail, Yahoo, etc. Only applicants that complete the application process in full will be considered for an interview.
What information will I need to have available when applying for a position?
When applying for a position it is recommended that you have the following information readily available:
- Personal Information
- Academic History
- Teacher Licensure Information (If applying for a licensed position)
- Praxis/Pearson Scores (If applying for a licensed position)
- Employment History
- Cover Letter
- 3 References and Contact Information
For Future Teachers
Are you interested in becoming a teacher? Our friends at the nonprofit TeachNC.org have lots of free tools and resources to help you get started:
- 1-on-1 advising calls to answer all your questions and choose an educator preparation program (EPP) that’s right for you
- How-to guides to demystify eligibility, testing, and financial aid an EPP Explorer so you can compare programs and interactive application checklists to keep you on track to apply
- Fee reimbursements to help cover application and enrollment expenses
- A $1000 scholarship to help make your dream of becoming a teacher more economical
Wilkes County Schools and TeachNC are committed to helping you achieve your dream of becoming a teacher! Sign up
for a free TeachNC account today to get started!
Thank you for your interest in Wilkes County Schools!
For more information about employment with Wilkes County Schools, contact Dr. Westley Wood, Assistant Superintendent of Personnel and Human Resources at 336-667-1121.
*Special note regarding Teacher Assistant qualifications. Federal guidelines require that Teacher Assistants must hold a 2 year degree, 48 hours of course credit, or Work Keys assessments in order to be an eligible applicant.