Interested in working for Wilkes County Schools?
Wilkes County Schools uses the platform TeacherMatch to advertise and facilitate job postings and hiring. This platform provides an innovative way to streamline the hiring process. Applicants will experience an enhanced, user friendly system when applying for positions. To apply for career opportunities, open the link above to view our current vacancies.
Guide for Applying to Positions in NC School Jobs
In order to apply for a position with Wilkes County Schools, open the vacancy posting and click "apply". NC School jobs will prompt each applicant to enter their account username and password. If you do not have a NC School Jobs account, please click "I do not have a login". The system will guide you through creating an account. Your account will allow you to apply for any position posted in NC School Jobs across the state. In order to create an account, an applicant must have a valid email address. If you do not have a valid email address, it is suggested that you create one using Gmail, Yahoo, etc. Only applicants that complete the application process in full will be considered for an interview.
What information will I need to have available when applying for a position?
When applying for a position you will need to have the following information readily available:
- Personal Information
- Academic History
- Teacher Licensure Information (If applying for a licensed position)
- Praxis/Pearson Scores (If applying for a licensed position)
- Employment History
- Cover Letter
- 3 References and Contact Information
What if I need assistance with creating a NC School Jobs account or need assistance applying for a position?
If you need assistance in applying for a position there are multiple resources to assist you:
- Contact NC School Jobs at 1-855-980-0511
- Email NC School Jobs at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact a Wilkes County Schools Human Resource representative at 336-667-1121
- Reference the attached guide by clicking here
For Future Teachers
Are you interested in becoming a teacher? Our friends at the nonprofit TeachNC.org have lots of free tools and resources to help you get started:
- 1-on-1 advising calls to answer all your questions and choose an educator preparation program (EPP) that’s right for you
- How-to guides to demystify eligibility, testing, and financial aid an EPP Explorer so you can compare programs and interactive application checklists to keep you on track to apply
- Fee reimbursements to help cover application and enrollment expenses
- A $1000 scholarship to help make your dream of becoming a teacher more economical
Wilkes County Schools and TeachNC are committed to helping you achieve your dream of becoming a teacher! Sign up
for a free TeachNC account today to get started!
Thank you for your interest in Wilkes County Schools!
For more information about employment with Wilkes County Schools, contact Dr. Westley Wood, Assistant Superintendent of Personnel and Human Resources @ 336-667-1121.
*Special note regarding Teacher Assistant qualifications. Federal guidelines require that Teacher Assistants must hold a 2 year degree or 48 hours of course credit in order to be an eligible applicant.