Nature of Work
Under general supervision, performs a variety of professional work to assist in the coordination of activities for the Pre-K Program. Promote synergy while providing assistance and support to teachers by acting as a liaison between classrooms, parents, and/or administrators.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate and implement Pre-K screening, eligibility and enrollment processes.
- Provide technical assistance with classroom learning environments and curriculum implementation which promote personal and academic growth for Pre-K students.
- Regularly visit all Pre-K classes and provide verbal and written feedback to the teachers, principals, director, and other necessary stakeholders.
- Monitor teachers' formative assessment reports pertaining to individual student growth and program accountability.
- Assist with planning, scheduling and implementing PLC/professional development opportunities for Pre-K staff members including LETRS sustainability.
- Provide behavior support to classroom teachers through the development of Universal Tier 1 Expectations, Protocols for Challenging Behaviors, and SEFEL/NCPPM implementation.
- Ensure compliance with all DCDEE, NC Pre-K, NC DPI, and Wilkes County Schools’ Board policies, regulations, and procedures.
- Give support and guidance to Pre-K staff and administrators undergoing the Star Rating child care licensure process as required by the Division of Child Development and Early Education.
- Facilitate transition of students to Pre-K and to kindergarten to ensure success and vertical alignment.
- Assist with updating and revising policies, handbooks, parent guides, and necessary communications for various stakeholders.
- Serve as a leader between the school system, NC Pre-K Committee and other agencies on areas related to Pre-K such as literacy.
- Keep informed of new legislation, research and trends related to pre-k by reading professional materials and attending DCDEE or NC DPI required meetings, webinars, and/or conferences.
- Devise and maintain records and reports necessary for the execution of the job.
- Responsible for other duties as assigned by the Pre-K Director.
Minimum Training and Experience
BS in Birth to Kindergarten, Master's preferred, successful teaching experience in a Pre-K Program (minimum of 3 Years).
Essential Job Functions
Must be physically able to operate a variety of automated office machines including computers, calculators, printers, copiers, etc. Must be able to exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects. Work involves technical assistance in the classrooms and travel between schools and the Central Office.
Requires the ability to compare and/or judge the readily observable, functional, structural, or composite characteristics of data, people, or things.
Requires the ability to speak and/or signal people to convey or exchange information.
Requires the ability to read correspondence, travel reports, checks, etc. Requires the ability to prepare correspondence, handbooks, electronic communications, etc. using proper format.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in or from standardized situations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Ability to present material to individuals and groups of people.
Ability to maintain accurate and complete records and files.
Ability to monitor and coach classroom instruction and provide written feedback.
Ability to type accurately at a moderate rate.
Ability to use common spreadsheet, word processing, and file maintenance programs.
Ability to follow both oral and written instructions.
Ability to work alone, focused to complete assigned duties on a daily basis and whenever other areas need immediate short-term assistance.
Reports to: Pre-K Director
FSLA Status: Exempt
Disclaimer: The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees in this job.