The Wilkes County Schools Pre-K Program is currently accepting applications for the 2021-2022 school year.
All students applying for Pre-K for the 2021-2022 school year must be at least 4 years old on or before August 31st. The child must not have turned 5 years old prior to or on August 31, 2021.
The following documents will be needed to complete the application process. Once we receive your application, you will be contacted to bring in a birth certificate, proof of residence, and proof of income for all adults in the home and/or supporting the child.
- Child’s certified birth certificate or adoption decree
- Proof of income (W‐2s, four recent check stubs or signed and dated letter from employer with hours and rate of pay are accepted, SSI Statement, Social Security Wages/Benefits Statement, Disability Payment Information, Child Support information, Direct Sales Income, Veteran Services Benefits, etc.)
- Proof of guardianship (Proof can include birth certificate, divorce papers, Social Services paperwork, or paperwork signed by a judge awarding custody. Custody paperwork authorized by a judge or Social Services/foster care placement is required for all children not living with their natural parent.)
- Names and phone numbers of emergency contacts (These contacts should be two people the school may contact in case of an emergency when the parent/guardian cannot be reached. You will need this information when completing the application.)
- Names and phone numbers of child’s doctor and dentist (if child has a designated doctor/dentist)
- Child’s health insurance company name and policy number (if child has health insurance)
- Military branch, status, rank, and installation for any immediate family members of the child
- Proof of residency (a current utility bill - power or water - with the service address)