Wilkes County Schools Breakfast for Lunch on Wednesday December 6, 2018
Eggs, Gravy, Sausage, Biscuit ,Baked Apples, Tater Tots, Sidekicks Cup, and Milk
Congratulations to Traphill Elementary Child Nutrition Team for the Plate of the Week
Welcome to Wilkes County Schools Child Nutrition
Goals of Child Nutrition:
- enhancing students’ ability to learn by providing nutritional meals at school;
- encouraging life-long healthy eating habits consistent with the health education curriculum;
- offering students, a variety of nutritional foods;
- providing courteous service to students, employees and authorized visitors; and
- operating the food services program efficiently so that earnings may be used to reduce the cost of food, serve better food, or supplement the costs associated with the Community Eligibility Provision.
(From Wilkes County Board Policy 6200)
Meal Service Information:
Wilkes County elementary and middle schools will continue to participate in the Community Eligibility Provision (CEP), a part of the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010, during the 2018-2019 school year. CEP in Wilkes County will allow all students one free reimbursable breakfast and one free reimbursable lunch for each day the student is in attendance.
Our high schools participate in the traditional free and reduced program allows eligible students who meet the guidelines to receive breakfast and lunch meal service at a free or reduced cost. For additional details please visit the 2018/2019 Free and Reduced Information Page