Wilkes County Schools

Skip to main content
Mobile Menu
Empowering youth to lead and succeed in the global community.
Public Notice
Enrollment » New Enrollments to Wilkes County Schools

New Enrollments to Wilkes County Schools

New Enrollments for Grades K-12 from Outside Wilkes County Schools
If your child attended school somewhere other than Wilkes County Schools for the 2016-2017 school year or your Kindergarten student did not attend Pre-K in Wilkes County Schools last year, you will need to complete the following steps for enrollment for 2017-2018:

Complete your enrollment process using the InfoSnap online enrollment link (located below). If you do not have internet access at your home, you may visit the Wilkes County Public Library to use their computers or you may call the school your child will attend for enrollment assistance.
2) After you have completed the electronic enrollment forms, please call the school your child will attend to schedule a time to bring in your child’s enrollment documents. Those documents include:
  • Photo ID of parent/guardian
  • Copy of child’s birth certificate
  • Proof of residence - A utility bill with the service address (power, water, etc.), mortgage statement, rental/lease agreement, buyer’s agreement, homeowner’s or renter’s insurance policy with address, or a property tax statement. Please note: If a student’s parent or legal guardian does not have a verifiable residence but is living with a resident of Wilkes County, the parent or custodial adult and the county resident may sign a Wilkes County Schools Statement of Residence Affidavit to satisfy the residency requirement. Any of the items listed above can be used as a proof of residence for the county resident. The school will provide the Statement of Residence Affidavit.
  • Proof of guardianship - Can include birth certificate, divorce papers, Social Services paperwork, or paperwork signed by a judge awarding custody. Custody paperwork authorized by a judge or Social Services/foster care placement is required for all children not living with their natural parent. Please note: If a student is living with an adult who is not their parent or legal guardian, there are additional forms that will need to be completed during enrollment. These forms will be provided by the school.
  • Up-to-date immunization records
  • Health Assessment - to be completed by the child's doctor (only required for Kindergarten OR if new to North Carolina)
  • Discipline and Felony Status Affidavit – This form needs to be signed in front of a notary public and is required by NC GS 115C-366(a3). The school can assist you with this form if you have any questions.
New Kindergarten Enrollments
All students entering Kindergarten in 2017-2018 must be at least 5 years old on or before August 31, 2017.