Instructional delivery plays a crucial part in the attainment of educational goals and objectives. Well-prepared lesson plans help ensure superior delivery of the curriculum.
Each teacher will prepare daily lesson plans which are based on the state mandated curriculum and applicable curriculum and instructional guides developed by the school district. The following criteria should be followed regarding lesson plans:
• Daily lesson plans should be accessible at any time during the school day by the principal.
• When planning lessons, teachers must consider:
- specific outcomes and objectives which relate to the curriculum;
- planned activities, instructional strategies and special materials;
- activities to address individual student needs;
- assessment/evaluation criteria; and
- evidence of curriculum alignment and continuity of the instructional program.
Teachers are responsible for seeking clarification whenever unsure about any of the requirements of this policy.
Principals are responsible for ensuring compliance with this policy. Staff development opportunities should be provided, as necessary, to ensure compliance.
Legal References: G.S. 115C-47, -288, -307
Cross References: Goals and Objectives of the Educational Program (policy 3000), Curriculum Development (policy 3100), Professional Development and Assistance (policy 1610/7800)
Adopted: January 9, 2006
Revised: April 4, 2011