MISSION OF THE WILKES COUNTY SCHOOLS
Wilkes County Schools are committed to excellence in teaching and to the belief that all students can learn. Our goal is to promote high expectations for student success through a partnership of school, home and community.
BELIEFS OF THE WILKES COUNTY SCHOOLS
• We believe that all individuals have intrinsic worth.
• We believe that all students have a right to safety and courtesy.
• We believe that all students can learn.
• We believe that the school environment should be inviting and supportive.
• We believe that high expectations result in improved performance.
• We believe that parental involvement contributes to successful learning.
• We believe that our staff must act as positive role models for students.
• We believe in the development of the whole child.
GOALS OF THE WILKES COUNTY SCHOOLS
• Create positive, engaging environments that nurture student and staff involvement
• Organize schools for safety and orderliness
• Ensure that all students and staff have the opportunity to achieve high levels of success
• Empower staffs to engage in site-based decision-making with an accountability component
• Align the curricular program to ensure rigor, relevance and relationships
• Foster stronger collaborative partnerships between schools, families and community members
• Support innovative programs and practices that promote positive student growth • Provide and encourage staff development opportunities that improve and broaden the skills of all employees
• Commit to the acquisition, maintenance and use of technology as a tool for enhanced learning
• Recruit highly qualified, enthusiastic employees and reward them for continued excellence
• Design a building program based on the needs of students
Legal References: G.S. 115-1.1
Adopted: January 9, 2006